In 2008 all FORTUNE
conferences will be
Time Inc., parent company of FORTUNE®, was the first publisher to
measure the greenhouse-gas emissions of its entire supply and disposal
chain. The company has asked paper suppliers to reduce their carbon
emissions by at least 20% by the year 2012.
In addition, FORTUNE Conferences will reduce the carbon footprint of
its conferences through internal abatement and the purchase of carbon
offsets from renewable energy projects.
In partnership with EcoSecurities, FORTUNE Conferences has retired
Verified Emission Reductions* from four international projects to offset
its 2008 conferences:
• Rice husk power project – India
• Wind power project – India
• Waste heat recovery project – India
• Wind power project – China
FORTUNE Conference Group brings the world’s business leaders
together with government officials and thought leaders.
EcoSecurities is a leading company in the business of originating,
developing and supplying emission reductions.
* These offset credits are ‘Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) VERs originating from projects registered by the United Nations
Executive Board under the CDM of the Kyoto Protocol – widely recognized as the most rigorous standard in the industry.